Saturday, August 1, 2015

Creating a New Web Page - Where to go for Help!!!!




So I am in the process of creating a new webpage, one that I can work in myself and not have to pay more than my pocketbook allows for a web tech to keep it up-to-date. I currently have my website with godaddy but the price there keeps going up each year so I began looking for other options.  I drafted one in Wix and it is looking pretty good, but I guess there are some issues with prices going up, etc., at least that is what my web tech indicates.  She set me one up in Wordpress but all I got from playing around in there was anxiety, irritation and anger.  Anyone have some good suggestions for themes in Wordpress which would fit my needs?  I want to customize it to fit me, not the webpage designer and I have all my pictures ready, just need to start the process.  


Unlike a lot of people, I'm not techy, so whatever I do needs to be for the tech-challenged.  I do have a book entitled "Web Pages for Dummies." Perhaps I should read the dang thing.

Oh well - we do what we can.

Patsy

No comments: